After much discussion about this, this is it! 3 November is the click day for the bike bonus and it is getting closer and closer.
We have already written about it and done a live broadcast, but we want to give you a detailed guide and useful tips on how to apply for the famous mobility bonus and who is eligible.
In addition, DONNO BIKES guarantees its customers 50% reimbursement by making its own funds available.
What is it? This is a mobility bonus set up by the state to encourage personal travel by means that are more environmentally friendly than the car. It concerns purchases made from 4 May until 31 December 2020 of all types of bicycles, both electric and non-electric, scooters and other means of travel such as hoverboards and segways. NB!
Also valid for the purchase of second-hand goods provided an invoice is available.
How much does it amount to: The state reimburses 60% of the purchase up to EUR 500. EUR 210,000,000 have been earmarked for this.
Who has the right? Persons over 18 years of age, residing in Italy in provincial capitals or heads of regions.
But also all the municipalities of the 14 metropolitan cities of Italy, which I list below:
- Reggio Calabria
And municipalities with more than 50,000 inhabitants. NB! it is the residence and not the domicile that counts.
REFUND for purchases from 4 May until 3 November 2020 and VOUCHER for purchases from 3 November until 31 December 2020.
Let's look at the advantages and disadvantages of each mode of purchase.
- You can buy any bicycle or other planned means of transport in any shop as long as they issue the invoice by 3 November.
- A greater choice of products.
- Possibility of obtaining the discount either from the seller or with state reimbursement.
- Clear procedure.
- Fast and convenient reimbursement 10-15 days after opening the portal directly to your IBAN.
- Need to advance money
- Risk of not receiving reimbursement due to exhaustion of funds (in case one does not make the request in a timely manner).
The situation changes completely with the request for the GOOD:
- You don't have to advance the money
- If you are in possession of the voucher, there is no monetary risk
- Uncertainties regarding operation
- The very limited choice of bicycles
- Not even the shops know how to join yet (they will be able to apply for access from 19 October)
- Time-limited, must be used within 30 days of request
- If it is requested too early, there is a risk that few shops will be accredited, if it is requested too late, you cannot be sure of getting it.
- You have no certainty of benefiting from it.
- It does not add up with the seller's discount.
What one needs in order to request it: SPID identity, digital or scanned invoice, IBAN.
How and where to apply for SPID identity. To obtain SPID credentials, all you need to do is contact 1 of these 9 providers: Aruba, Infocert, Intesa, Namirial, Poste, Register, Sielte, Tim or Lepida, which offer different ways of requesting and obtaining SPID, choosing the one best suited to your needs.
Frequently asked questions and doubts:
Will it be enough for everyone? No, we expect the funds to run out within 2-3 weeks of the portal opening. And even if we do not exclude the increase of funds, it is better to arrive prepared and make the request now. We are certain that those who do so in the first few days will receive reimbursement. And that is why DONNO BIKES is securing the 50% with its own funds.
Can a VAT number apply for a refund? The decree speaks of persons of full age. And although it is not entirely clear whether an individual VAT number can participate in the bonus, we advise against making the invoice to an individual VAT number.
It's impossible to get it now, I should have done it earlier, it's too late, it's already not enough for everyone who bought. This is not the case. From what emerges, one who will buy the bike now is even more advantaged because the date of application will count more than the date of purchase. And therefore one, already knowing the date, makes a more targeted and conscious purchase and thus has a better chance of getting a refund.
Will there be a click day? Yes, unfortunately so, but by coming prepared you have a good chance of getting the bonus.
For our part, DONNO BIKES will advise all its customers of the need to obtain a SPID identity and make the request in the first days of the platform's opening. We will contact our customers to provide more information and remind them to make the request. In addition, if you apply on 3 November 2020 and do not get the bonus due to lack of funds, DONNO BIKES will pay customers who purchased directly from us with 50% the amount of the bonus.